guacamole pico de gallo aka my cat

guacamole pico de gallo aka my cat
17 Flares Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Twitter 0 Pin It Share 17 StumbleUpon 0 Email -- 17 Flares ×

back in 2011 i was working at an animal hospital on the weekends for some extra income as the receptionist. this was not a fun job as we would see some of the worst cases come in! spring time brings lots of new babies of all kinds in to the animal world, including baby birds, baby squirrels, and definitely lots of kittens…one lucky night that i happened to be working some person dumped off a litter of kittens they most likely found and didnt know what to do with, so we took them in! this was something the hospital did not encourage but they obviously wouldnt let the kittens sit out there…

and that was the day i met the cat that would become the absolute love of my life (besides the human love of my life of course, my husband!) who i lovingly named guacamole pico de gallo:

Guacamole AKA My Cat

Guacamole AKA My Cat

he had to be fostered by his wonderful auntie chris {today is her birthday and it inspired this post!} for a few weeks until i was able to take him home but she would bring him into the hospital often. he had the biggest blue eyes i had ever seen on a kitten and he was so loved by my co-workers. his name originally started out as a joke since i ate guacamole and chips every friday night from the mexican restaurant up the road, but it quickly stuck…im so glad it did because his eyes changed from bright blue to a cool green that can hypnotize you!

Guacamole AKA My Cat

Guacamole AKA My Cat

growing up with terrible allergies to the outside and cats especially i never thought i would ever be able to have a cat as a pet, but there is something special about guac and i knew it from the moment i laid eyes on him. hes super cuddly, follows me around everywhere i go, and comes when i call his name just like a dog! hes also quite the goofball, just like his mama 🙂 but the best part is he never once made my allergies flare up…he was meant to be mine!

Guacamole AKA My Cat Guacamole AKA My Cat

Guacamole AKA My Cat Guacamole AKA My Cat

guac has fit amazingly into our lives, even with our bull terrier {enzo} who we had for four years prior to taking guacamole home…they both love each other very much. greg and i were very surprised enzo took to the cat so well, we have incredible pets!

Guacamole AKA My Cat

Guacamole AKA My Cat

he really is a chill cat, and would rather lay with us than anything else in the world…hes also ataxic which is basically vertigo in cats. any one who has ever been around him and see him try to walk or run quickly come down with the giggles because he is super off balance and gallops like a horse lol.

Guacamole AKA My Cat

guacamole is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. he appeared in my life at exactly when i needed him and i will forever be grateful for him in my life…i am literally obsessed with him!!

Guacamole AKA My Cat Guacamole AKA My Cat

Guacamole AKA My Cat

Guacamole AKA My Cat

hope you enjoy him as much as i do!

dreaming of leaving

53 Responses to guacamole pico de gallo aka my cat

1. He is beautiful! I love how his eyes changed as he got older. Love those green eyes 🙂 I am so glad you shared your story. Sometimes (for me at least) pets can be more important to us than people. I absolutely love Guacamole’s story, and I am so happy that you shared it on Come Along Wednesdays 🙂

• JDiGi says:

thanks megan! ive had plenty of pets before, even known as the weird animal girl since ive had snakes, geckos, and even sugar gliders, but nothing compares to the love i have for that cat – its indescribable really!

2. Sarah B. says:

Awwwww… Guac is a cutie. Now I want a kitty. I love this post, Jess. 🙂

3. Jeasica S says:

Beautiful story Jess! I love hearing these kinds of stories!!

4. Greg D. says:

That’s my son!! Guacamole aka Guacster, Fluffanuttah, Mr. Chippers, Fuzzhead, Crazy Eyes, Flappy Dappy, Sidewinder, Bushy Tail lol! … Truly a special cat and lucky to have him apart of our family! Great Job!! 🙂

5. Anita Boeira says:

I have always thought my cat had the best name ever: Frango, which means chicken meat in Portuguese, also used as slang for someone scared of everything. But I will happily step down today because Guacamole Pico de Gallo is the BEST cat name I ever heard. And I know good cat names.

• JDiGi says:

i love that name frango its unique and even better when you know what it means…people go bananas over my cats name lol its hysterical – hes a special boy 🙂 thanks for reading!

6. Becky says:

OMG I can’t believe I never met Guac in person…he is the cutest! Gracie and I <3 looking at these pics. Yes, my cat watches my computer screen all day as I work 🙂

7. Krystal says:

Super Sweet! My kitty Cooper is the furry love of my life and is always following me around!

• JDiGi says:

so you know how it is then, its hysterical hes not graceful at all due to his ataxia and you can hear every thump of his paws when hes following you!! he can stalk but he sure can not follow thru without being heard!

8. ashleigh says:

Aw! My sister recently got a cat {last year} It had defiantly changed my views on them! They certainly are different from dogs, but just as lovable!

9. Morgan says:

Guacamole is such a beautiful cat! I absolutely love those green eyes, when I was a little girl I found an all black cat with eyes just like Guacamole’s! I named her Jinx and loved her so much. Cat’s can be such loving creatures, I hate how they’ve got such a bad rep!

• JDiGi says:

thats adorable, black cats are so mysterious looking and usually quite graceful in the mannerisms – all creatures are beautiful!

10. MCM Mama says:

What a cutie! Love his name.

11. What a cute story! I am more of a dog person myself but your cat sure is beautiful. Thanks for linking up with Hump Day Happenings.
    Jenna @ A Savory Feast recently posted…Hump Day Happenings #8My Profile

12. Megan Walker says:

That is amazing! I am terribly allergic to cats too, so I think it’s a miracle Guac doesn’t bother your allergies. What a beautiful story!

Thanks for sharing on Hump Day Happenings : )
    Megan Walker recently posted…Jacksonville Becomes a HomeMy Profile

13. Sarah says:

Very Cute. I miss having my cat. My dog fills that void now. One day I will get another kitty.

14. Celeste says:

Awww…Guacamole is so cute and such pretty eyes!

15. what a beautiful cat. best buddy you can have (besides your husband) thanks so much for sharing with us on Sunday Brunch, lovely to meet you x
    Mums Take Five recently posted…Sunday Brunch 18thJuly to 21stJulyMy Profile

16. Hope says:

Such a sweet story, love the name! Visiting from Sunday Brunch at Mums. xx
    Hope recently posted…6 Ways To Keep Kids Warm In WinterMy Profile

17. Kim says:

Awww! He is such a handsome kitty! So happy to read things have worked out well with you, Guac and your dog. And even better than your allergies have not flared up once! Yup…definitely meant to be!
    Kim recently posted…Adios, July. It’s Been Real…Fun. Crazy. Whatev.My Profile

18. What a sweet story and a gorgeous cat. He seems to be a very lucky kitty indeed.
    Kelly Kimmell recently posted…TwinXL.com 6 piece 100% Cotton Towel Set ReviewMy Profile

19. Kungphoo says:

Things happen for a reason, and i think he was brought there (with his brothers and sisters) for a reason.. Animals are amazingly loving pets.

20. April says:

He is such a gorgeous cat! Thank you for adopting/taking in the cat. I think pets are essential to a home. Love his name too!
    April recently posted…Get On Up Movie ReviewMy Profile

21. Thank you so much for sharing your story! There is something about rescues…they really appreciate it and it makes for such a tight bond. Guacamole is such a cool name! 🙂
    Alexandra McAllister recently posted…Wanna Make Outrageous Money With Your Computer?My Profile

22. Paula says:

What a beautiful story and gorgeous kitty! Love the name, lol!

23. Now that’s a very cute cat!

24. Paula Parker says:

What a beautiful cat and those eyes. I love the name! My sister loves cats, but she’s allergic. I hope that she finds a miracle kitty that doesn’t bother her allergies too. Thanks for sharing your story!

25. lisa leblanc says:

What a great story, thanks for sharing. I can relate to your story as I have a few cats myself. Thanks
    lisa leblanc recently posted…‘Pretty Woman’ Julia Roberts ‘Really Proud’ Of Her AccomplishmentsMy Profile

26. Felicia says:

He is such an amazing looking cat. I miss having felines in my life, my poor husband is severely allergic and we can’t chance trying to get one.

Give your furry companion a pet for me!
    Felicia recently posted…CurrentlyMy Profile

27. katrina g says:

They are so cute. I love the names 🙂

28. Priya says:

So cute! he seems so cuddly and loving!
    Priya recently posted…Eggless Dates Bread / Eggless Bread RecipeMy Profile

29. aimee fauci says:

Awww how could you not take that sweet kitty home.. what a sweetie.. Does seem super chill and super chill cats are the best cats!

30. Nancy says:

Cute pictures!! 🙂

Interested in making new blogger friends and getting a kickass journal? Check out my latest post!

Nancy recently posted…A Journal Swap you say?My Profile

31. That’s such a beautiful cat, I’ve got two cats of my own!
    celebbabylaundry recently posted…Potty Training 101- Getting Started, Essentials and MoreMy Profile

32. So cool! I am not too much of a cat person, but I enjoyed this story much 🙂
    Martine – meunfinished recently posted…Monday!My Profile

33. What a cute cat! The eyes are so green in the first pic. I love the name guacamole, very distinctive.
    Elizabeth Copeland recently posted…Ready for fall!My Profile

34. Angie B. says:

My husband and I are both cat people. we have two, they’re sisters. When we got them we had just moved into our house. A coworker’s neighbor was giving free kittens. We went with the intention of only getting one but we saw these 2 sisters sitting beside each other with their heads together staring up at us. They looked like twins except the one had cream paws in the back and the other had black paws in the back. We ended up taking them both
    Angie B. recently posted…Zombies Everywhere!My Profile

35. So adorable!
    Karen @ From the Garden Table recently posted…Slow Cooker Green Beans and SausageMy Profile

36. katrina g says:

OMG your cats are so cute! love it!!!!

37. Aneta Alaei says:

I kept scrolling looking for the pictures of Mexican food and I was pleasantly surprised with your cat. I am not a cat girl as we have a dog, but I love your rescue story and he is kindof adorable
    Aneta Alaei recently posted…I Will Never Write About My Husbands Man-Parts…AgainMy Profile

38. don says:

I’m a dog person, but I do like other people’s cats. Guac looks pretty cool to me. I always enjoy a good how a pet found his parent story like this, so thanks.
    don recently posted…Lick’n lunch with the boys…My Profile

39. Vicky says:

I am in love with the cats

40. Karen W says:

What an absolutely adorable kitty and a wonderful story. I didn’t realize cat’s eyes would change color, never really thought about it. I am so happy for you to have found this special kitty and that your allergies didn’t bother you. What better way to know this cat was meant for you. I love cats, but am way to allergic to ever think of owning one (to my husband’s dismay). Itchy eyes and sneezing are one thing, but not being able to breathe and wheezing are another.
    Karen W recently posted…Workbox Wednesday- September 24, 2014My Profile

41. Alex Hunter says:

What a cutie. I love that he gets along with your dog. I wish our pup could get along with the cats. The cats are just too old and grumpy though. haha. I’m in love with his eyes. <3

42. What a cutie. Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogpsts at http://www.honestmum.com
    HonestMum (@HonestMummy) recently posted…A Magical Day at Beningbrough Hall in YorkMy Profile