Musical Mondays: Sam Smith

Musical Mondays: Sam Smith
39 Flares Facebook 0 Google+ 22 Twitter 0 Pin It Share 16 StumbleUpon 1 Email -- 39 Flares ×

sam smith. sam friggin smith. can not even begin to tell you how officially obsessed i have become with his music!!! i was alerted to sam smith a few weeks ago from my very musically inclined cousin/sister/best friend 🙂 he is a 20-something british crooner who started singing as a child and is steadily making his way up the US charts – take a listen for yourself…

that voice. those eyes. that hair! my goodness. after falling in love with sam smith, i researched him to see what he is all about. first of all , can i just say how gangsta sam smiths mom is? in 2009 Kate Cassidy was working as a banker making a very comfortable salary when she was let go for “spending too much time promoting her sons music career”. you know what Kate did? she sued her former employee and WON! you go mom! secondly, he is an openly gay man and i totally 100% respect him for – support gay rights ya’ll!!! sam smith cites amy winehouse, beyonce, whitney houston, and a few other greats as his musical influence – that pretty much means we can be BFFs because we have similar taste… will you be my bff sam smith?

forever-together-forever-best-friend-spongebob-patrick-star

his soulful voice is showcased beautifully in his recently released debut album, In The Lonely Hour, and fills a hole in my heart that opened when amy winehouse left this world, RIP. and not for nothing, he kills any guest spot he lends his vocals to like Disclosures “Latch”…

i mean look at this face! i still can not believe that insanely smooth and decadent voice comes from this man, which to me is very reminiscent to mr. brian mcknight.

Sam-Smith

basically what i am trying to say is, sam smith made me believe that there are still true, talented music artists left in this world! he is a rising star in the US, with much more to come – hope you enjoy his music as much as I do! you can more about Sam Smith here —-> Sam Smith World and dont forget to tell me what you think!

cheerio 🙂

34 Responses to Musical Mondays: Sam Smith

1. Thalia says:

He IS great! GO SAM SMITH!

2. Scott says:

He does seem to have a good range, will be interesting to see what he releases in the future!
    Scott recently posted…Outdoor Sports and Fair Skin Do Not MixMy Profile

3. He really is awesome. I love Stay With Me so much!
    Lisa @ A Bride On A Budget recently posted…My Surprise (And photos of my wedding flowers)My Profile

4. There is a song that they play a lot on the radio by Sam Smith, and I had no idea who he was or anything about him…now I can put a face to the name.
    Yona Williams recently posted…A Burger Bash Using McCormick Grill Mates for Steakhouse BurgersMy Profile

5. He is great! I love Stay with Me so much. I just listened to some of his other songs on Spotify and they are great.
    Jenna @ A Savory Feast recently posted…Pudding Poke BrowniesMy Profile

6. Sarah says:

Sam Smith is seriously the best! I can’t stop listening to his album!

Sarah
    aroseinthecity0.blogspot.com

7. Kungphoo says:

I am sure my kids have heard of him.. He could be the next Beber!

8. Felice Raina says:

Love him!! so much!!! I’m always singing his music!! ♥

Felice Raina recently posted…Currently Listening To……♥My Profile

9. Jennifer B says:

Oh yes, I love Sam Smith! A newbie on the scene, I think he’s doing great for himself!
    Jennifer B recently posted…National Strawberry Sundae Day | Strawberry Fruit Loops SundaeMy Profile

10. Carie Spence says:

Love him too! He has that voice that just draws you in, so smooth! Thank you for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest board.
    Carie Spence recently posted…Asian Pear & Berry TartMy Profile

11. I hadn’t heard of Sam Smith before now…but WOW! He is incredibly talented! I’m a new fan; thanks for sharing!
    Amber @ Apples to Applique recently posted…Two-Minute Tuesday #11: DIY Bandana SkirtMy Profile

12. Lenze says:

I just heard this song Saturday at a Fourth of July party. I loved it and wondered who sang it. He has a great voice and great song. Hopefully we will hear more from him.

13. Tiff Hill says:

He sounds amazing. I have never heard of him. Thanks for sharing. It’s almost sounds like gospel!
    Tiff Hill recently posted…We Are All at the Mercy of Strangers!My Profile

14. tara pittman says:

My 7 year old is singing along with this. I think he will be sing it for a while.

15. Melissa says:

This is one of my favorite songs right now!!! I am always singing it and I never mind when it gets stuck on my head.

16. I’ve never heard of Sam Smith before, he’s not that bad.
    Hollywoodhiccups recently posted…Paris Jackson Fears Debbie Rowe Will Die Cause She’s Too FatMy Profile

17. Not a big Sam Smith fan it has to be said. His Money on my mind song made me cringe however I do like Stay with me.

Thank you for linking up with the #WeekendBlogHop

Laura x x x
    My Life As A Mummy recently posted…The Skeleton Cupboard – Book ReviewMy Profile

18. Beth Jenkins says:

He is really talented! I like!
    Beth Jenkins recently posted…Ten on TuesdayMy Profile

19. ChiChi Loves says:

His voice is beautiful! I will have to add him to my ‘new music’ playlist.
    ChiChi Loves recently posted……Crop Top and Skirt Set DIYMy Profile

20. Morgan says:

Oh my gosh, he is so talented! I had never heard of him before, thank you so much for sharing this! And you’re right, you go Sam Smith’s mom!! Good for her.
    Morgan recently posted…Healthy Breakfast SmoothieMy Profile

21. Aussa Lorens says:

Oh my goodness, yes. This song. I actually teared up just trying to tell my boyfriend about it. Yeah… that happened.

*waits to post comment until after the song finishes*

Damnit now I have to listen to the second song real quick.
    Aussa Lorens recently posted…Murdered On A Psych WardMy Profile

22. I love discovering new artists! Thanks for a great intro and love the clips you’ve imbedded – listened to both 🙂

Thanks for connected to the #SHINEbloghop

/Steph
    Steph @MisplacedBrit recently posted…SHINE Blog HopMy Profile

23. What an amazing voice he has! Thanks for introducing some new music for me!
    Karen@From the Garden Table recently posted…Pesto Chicken SaladMy Profile

24. He is great! I kinda love him too!
    Bernadette C @Aimless Moments recently posted…Jonelle Filigno Introduces adidas Performer TIght #sponMy Profile

25. Kimberly says:

I’ve never seen or heard of him before but I have heard that song Stay With Me before. It’s really nice and not overly exaggerated like a lot of music seems to be these days.
    Kimberly recently posted…Saturday Vloggin FunMy Profile

26. Leslie says:

Girl! Thanks for linking up to What You Wish Wednesday. Come back tomorrow!
    Leslie recently posted…Striped Accent WallMy Profile

27. I’ve not heard of him before so thanks for introducing me! Thanks also for joining the Say G’Day Saturday linky party!

Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz
    Natasha in Oz recently posted…Tuesday Tune: ‘Some Nights’ by Fun.My Profile

28. Thanks for linking up last week to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned it to the Bloggers Brags PInterest Board.

29. Jessica says:

I’m a fan of Mr. Smith too! “Latch” is what got me on to him too and I’ve been hooked ever since! But you taught me some new things about him!

30. Anni says:

I love love love Sam Smith! he is my absolute fave

xoxo, Anni
    Anni recently posted…Lessons from My Three Year OldMy Profile

31. Rebecca says:

Love his music – didn’t realize how handsome he was!!
    Rebecca recently posted…2014 Pumpkin Patches ~ Austin, TXMy Profile

32. Ben says:

Never heard of him but I’ll check him out. I’m always looking for new music to listen to at work.
    Ben recently posted…A Geocaching Halloween Candy DishMy Profile

33. Briton says:

He does have great hair! And a great voice- I hope he continues to do well!
    Briton recently posted…Triple Braid Bun TutorialMy Profile

34. I love Sam Smith! He could sing to me allllll day.
    Kristin @littlemamajama recently posted…Pick ‘n Save Recipes: Tailgating with Beer Cheese Dip #MyPicknSave #CollectiveBias #shopMy Profile