Musical Mondays: Jason Mraz

Musical Mondays: Jason Mraz
79 Flares Facebook 0 Google+ 63 Twitter 0 Pin It Share 16 StumbleUpon 0 Email -- 79 Flares ×

if you are a fan of jason mraz like me {hugeeeeeeeee fan, HUGE!}, you can agree that he is undeniably one of the most talented, uplifting, and positive singer-song writers out there! from soulful ballads and motivating lyrics to scatting and rapping, it’s difficult to place jason mraz in a specific genre…this man can do it all!

tumblr_n90kzpr4b61tbq73ro2_500

jason mraz’s music can wrap around you like blanket of love and whisk you away to another world, one filled with passion, excitement, wonder, and all things beautiful. each one of his now five albums has its own unique personality and style. a few of the biggest hits mr. mraz has had include “The Remedy” – a song inspired by a friend stricken with cancer, ” a love song featuring Colbie Caillat named “Lucky”,  and the immensely successful “I’m yours”. a few of my favorite jason mraz songs are “who needs shelter” and “you and i both” from the “waiting for my rocket to come” album, and “only human” from “we sing, we dance, we steal things”. the biggest hit to date by jason mraz is “i wont give up” from the relaxingly mellow “love is a four letter word” album – it is my personal favorite from this incredible artist. my  husband and i used “i wont give up” as our first dance song in our wedding and the emotion in the song was perfect! here is the video for those of you that have been living under a rock:

a few things you might not have known about jason mraz is that his family owns an avocado ranch in california that supplies the popular “chipotle” chain with all its avocados for their guacamole, he can sing opera like no other, and he is a strict vegan.
tumblr_n2stn6iEzC1qcktdio1_500
i know exactly where to go when i need a little motivation – “make it mine” is a perfect song to get anyone going…
i personally have a huge problem with a lot of what they call “music” on the radio nowadays and the things children are being subjected to listen to.  i do not even have children and i am scared of the terrifying downfall to the music that is being played on the radio and what parents are letting their kids hear. jason mraz and artists like him are the cure for this! but don’t get me started about the crap on the radio waves lately, i wont shut up!!
shh
jason mraz has a brand new album out titled “yes!” that i have not had the chance to listen to fully yet, but if its anything like his other albums i will be a happy girl for buying it!! here is the link to purchase:
attending a jason mraz concert is something i desperately want to do, one of these days. if you were ever lucky enough to catch on of his performances, or even listen to an interview with him, than you know that he seems to be one of the coolest, most laid back artists in the industry…
tumblr_mnois9sIYf1qcktdio1_500
I for one think he is a role model to living a happier, more simple, chill life! we could all use a dose of “slowing the hell down!” don’t you think?
relaxing-with-drink-spring-break-beach
here is a bonus before you go, in the form of jason mraz rap-singing – he is amazing!!!! {excuse the profanity}
he really is nothing short of a musical genius… jason mraz, i love you!!!!
tumblr_n96ikrQTS11qmxwgto1_r1_400

31 Responses to Musical Mondays: Jason Mraz

1. Leah says:

There are so many great songs by Jason Mraz! My favorite is The Remedy. Love this post. 🙂

Thanks for linking up with Monday Melodies!

–Leah from L.M.Lewis Writes

2. I love Jason Mraz! I didn’t know he was a strict vegan. Thanks for linking up at the Merry Monday Linky Party!
    Amanda @ The Kolb Corner recently posted…Merry Monday Linky Party #13My Profile

3. Oh yes, absolutely do love his music. And no, I didn’t have a clue that his family owned an avocado ranch. You learn something new every day!!

Thanks for sharing at Marvelous Monday on Smart Party Planning 🙂
    Catherine Holt recently posted…Marvelous Monday Linky party #12My Profile

4. Denise says:

He’s one of my favorites! But I always sound like an idiot trying to sing along…he sings too fast! (Which is part of his charm.)
    Denise recently posted…What’s Wrong with Barbie as a Girl Scout?My Profile

5. Censie says:

Love him! His music makes me smile and get through work!
    Censie recently posted…Save Money – Make Money! Buy & Sell Gently Worn Children’s Clothing by the Lot with LotedaMy Profile

6. Ben says:

I listened to him years ago. He has a really unique voice. Good that he’s still making music after all these years. We need more like him on the radio.
    Ben recently posted…App Review: US Economy Tracker for iPadMy Profile

7. tara pittman says:

This is good music. I like that you can understand the words.
    tara pittman recently posted…Bonefish Grill In Albuquerque, New Mexico Is A Great New Place For SeafoodMy Profile

8. Melissa says:

I love me some Jason Mraz! His scatting just makes me smile – I am typically that weird lady dancing in the car while driving down the freeway when I hear him scat hah.
    Melissa recently posted…Should We Take a Tahiti or Fiji Vacation?My Profile

9. I’ll admit I only first heard of Jason Mraz earlier this year – but am hooked! 🙂 His music is wonderful!!
    Debra @A Frugal Friend recently posted…My Le Cordon Bleu Cooking Lesson Inspired by The Hundred Foot Journey! #100FootJourneyEventMy Profile

10. Very cool! I haven’t been submersed in Jason M in like ever. I like it !
    Tricia Wehner recently posted…Do You Have “Little Ones” ? Grab This Offer !My Profile

11. Mary W. says:

I never heard of him but his songs sound pretty good.
    Mary W. recently posted…Vacationing is bad for our health! #SummerTravel14My Profile

12. Carie Spence says:

I have been a fan of his since he started and I like him more and more every year! Thank you for linking up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party. I have pinned your post to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest board.
    Carie Spence recently posted…Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon Sweet CakeMy Profile

13. His music really is great! I had no idea he grew avocados.

14. I agree Jason Mraz is extremely talented and very much listened to at our house. Hubby first discovered him years ago.
    Thaleia from Something2Offer recently posted…Homemade Rock KitMy Profile

15. I’ve honestly never heard of this guy, but he’s really good.

16. lisa leblanc says:

Jason Mraz, honestly I have never heard of him or hear his music. But have listen and it is good.
    lisa leblanc recently posted…Drew Barrymore’s Half Sister Dead, Discovered In CarMy Profile

17. Another Jason Mraz fan here, though I don’t quite approach your level of fandom! Amazing voice. I had no idea his family are farmers! Thanks for the great post and for sharing with the Merry Monday Linky Party!
    Nicole @ Or Whatever You Do recently posted…Beef Rice-a-Roni CopycatMy Profile

18. Hey, there, girlfriend! It’s Courtney from The Brown Girl with Long Hair blog…I saw the caption for this blog post on #TurnItUpTuesday, and was like, I wonder if this is Jessica’s blog?

…and, sure enough, it was YOU! Nice song! I hope all is well with you…

Oh, and by the way, I posted something very “NFL-y” today that I’m sure a football girl like you can appreciate. 😉

Have a great weekend.

xo
    Courtney Conover recently posted…All I Really Need to Know I Learned at NFL Training CampMy Profile

19. Emily says:

I agree completely. I have been fortunate enough to see him a few times in concert. I actually grew up in the Oceanside CA area where he started and I stumbled across some of his early, early performances at some local places where there was maybe 20 people watching. So loooooonnng time fan here. His albums are constantly on in my home because they are so mellow and happy. They are great to just listen to, to cheer you up, make you breathe a little deeper. You had wonderful things to say about him!
    Emily recently posted…The goods from last monthMy Profile

20. Megan Walker says:

Great feature! I love music which uplifts and encourages you! Though I have to admit, I love the booty shaking music too ; )

Thanks for sharing on Hump Day Happenings!
    Megan Walker recently posted…One Happy Thing: Let’s Combat Sadness!My Profile

21. Ansh says:

Loved the article. Thanks for the uplifting music suggestions and introducing me to a great artist.
    Ansh recently posted…Chicken XacutiMy Profile

22. Kori says:

I don’t listen to a lot of Jason Mraz but he’s an amazing musician. I greatly appreciate that talent.
    Kori recently posted…Change in ProgressMy Profile

23. I’m always looking for new music and I really like what I hear!
    Karen @ From the Garden Table recently posted…Swiss Chard FritattaMy Profile

24. Jason is certainly a very talented musician. I listened to the words of “I won’t give up” and loved the inspiring words. It’s sad that Robin Williams gave up today.

25. Misty Battle says:

I confess this is the first time I have heard of him. However I am interested in hearing more now. I love his voice!

26. I’ve been a fan of Jason Mraz for a while. Nothing like one of his songs to cheer me up!
    Melanie Shebel recently posted…How to Move Your Blog From WordPress.com to WordPress.orgMy Profile

27. Karen W says:

I have to admit I have never heard of Jason Mraz before. It’s great to find out that there are still artists worth listening to.
    Karen W recently posted…Free Sign Ups for Kreation Krate Subscription GiveawayMy Profile

28. Scott says:

I know what you’re trying to say about today’s pop music and what is safe for the kids to listen to. But even this guy has chosen to use harsh profanity in his song titles – you even linked to a video for one.
    Scott recently posted…Getting a Grip on Winter DrivingMy Profile

29. I am a big fan of Jason Mraz!
    Jen @ Simple Nails and Beauty recently posted…Sally Beauty Supply Shopping List || November 2014My Profile