Where to Stay in Aruba

Where to Stay in Aruba
68 Flares Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Twitter 0 Pin It Share 10 StumbleUpon 58 Email -- 68 Flares ×

In just a short few weeks, my husband Greg and I will be traveling to Aruba for a good friends wedding… I can not tell you how excited I am!!

excited-for-aruba

If you didn’t already know, the only travel outside of the states I have under my belt was to Jamaica for our honeymoon. Jamaica was a phenomenal vacation and truly an experience I will never forget, but now I am delighted to go somewhere new! Greg experienced Aruba back in his teens but I can imagine it will be different as an adult with a wife 🙂

photo-of-aruba-beach

The first thing that people say about their Aruba experience, including my husband, is that the scenery is like no other and it is hot hot hot! The other statement made is the people of Aruba are some of the nicest, happiest locals they have ever come across. Hey, they don’t call Aruba “One Happy Island” for no reason!

aruba-map-flag-daily

For the first leg of our Aruba journey we will be staying at a private villa with all the wedding guests. Originally we were only going to book for the wedding days and fly back home but at the last minute decided to stay four more days and go off on our own! We have our passports and flights have been booked, now it’s time to find a resort to stay… we have quite a few places in mind but I think the issue we are having is deciding to go with an all inclusive option or not.

Office-karen-shrug

The only thing I am absolutely sure of for this trip is that I want to go on adventures as much as I want to relax. The duration of our Aruba stay is seven full days so there will be plenty of time to do everything on my list including renting a jeep, snorkeling, and whatever else I haven’t thought of yet! Resorts in Aruba that are jumping out to use are:

1. Riu Palace Antillas (Adults-Only)
  2. Divi Aruba All-Inclusive
  3. Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa All Inclusive

All the places listed are all inclusive or have all inclusive options, but fear with going all inclusive is being stuck eating at certain times and only being limited to the food at whatever resort is chosen… but maybe not being restricted to all inclusive would make for a more adventurous trip? Gahhhhh! So hard to make a decision and we really have no time left to choose…help!

Have you stayed in Aruba? Where did you stay? Would you recommend choosing all inclusive or taking the venturesome route? Looking forward to your answers and opinions!

16 Responses to Where to Stay in Aruba

1. Oh, the planning stage is so much fun! I was in Aruba ten years ago, so I’m sure a lot has changed! And I think it was the Radisson resort that I stayed at, but I was working as a mother’s helper so I know nothing about pricing.
    Be careful of that sun! And enjoy the amazing clear blue water 🙂
    Christy@SweetandSavoring recently posted…The Art of Dining AloneMy Profile

• JDiGi says:

I was joking around with my husband when he tried to warn me about the sun in Aruba saying I wont have any problems because Im already dark skinned LOL but I have heard from many people to be extra careful!

2. Anna says:

I love how you decided to stay longer and venture off on your own! I look forward to visiting Aruba when I plan my cruise trip. I really enjoy planning and researching the sights. Great post!
    Anna recently posted…Surviving the Winter Cold? 5 Budget Worthy Ways to Start Your Spring Early!My Profile

3. Skye says:

I’m glad y’all are getting to stay extra days, after making the trip all the way there!

4. Hey Jess,

I can feel tne excitement over the pond 🙂 Honestly its so exciting when you are going away somewhere exotic and if you havent traveled much outside of your country the excitement can be contagious.

As a memner of a Travel Club I can recommend a few resorts depending on what you really want. from 2* -5* and beyond. Location etc! Let me know if you do need any help. Spo excited for you!
    Julie Syl Kalungi recently posted…How To Make The Sale, Unblock the Sale!My Profile

5. Your trip to Aruba sound amazing! I hope you have a wonderful time and that your travels are safe!

So happy you were able to join in on ALL the fun this week at the #BigTopBlogParty! Wishing you a fabulous week and a very Happy Easter! 😉

Much love,

Lysa xx
    Welcome to My Circus
    Lysa @ Welcome To My Circus recently posted…Breakfast CasseroleMy Profile

6. I’m so jealous! We went years ago and absolutely loved it! It’s so beautiful and you’ll have a wonderful time. We stayed at the Marriott by the harbor (my parents gave us Marriott points to use) and while we loved the hotel and private island, we’d stay a little further north on the beach next time.

Have fun!

7. What fun, I have never been out of the states and Jamaica is on my bucket list. I just might include Aruba, followed you here from the Pintastic Pinteresting party.
    Joyce @ It’s Your Life recently posted…Living a Happy, Healthy, Natural LifeMy Profile

8. Christie says:

I want to go! That pictures looks so beautiful. Thanks for linking up at Bloggers Brags Weekly Pinterest Party this week. I’m pinning to our group board on Pinterest!
    Christie recently posted…Bloggers Brags Weekly Pinterest Party April 6, 2015My Profile

9. ah, aruba. we stayed for 2 weeks back in 2012, and it was wonderful. we snorkeled with mi dushi, and it was like no other in that you snorkel a shipwreck. usually wrecks can only be accessed by a diver b/c they are so deep, so this was a neat experience to snorkel a wreck. we stayed the first week at a very basic place called the mill, but what i loved about it was that it was walkable to the high rise/ocean/nightlife. staying in the lowrise area, it is a much longer walk or you will need a car to get to the other hotels/casinos/restaurants. there are so many places to eat, i would say an all inclusive isn’t necessary. you must go to madame jeanettes to eat, and you will need reservations there. baby beach is not to be missed. you can snorkel on your own…i actually brought a blow up raft and i used it there b/c it’s so calm. enjoy, and have a balashi beer for me!
    the cape on the corner recently posted…Cat LogicMy Profile

10. Judy Thomas says:

It looks like a gorgeous place for a holiday! I am putting it on my bucket list.

11. Aruba is one of the places that I want to visit the most! I love the Caribbean islands for the beautiful scenary, delicious food and not to mention the beaches. I hope you had fun there! Thanks for sharing this!

12. Loudy says:

I’ve always wanted to visit Jamaica it has to be an amazing country. Your photos are incredibly beautiful 😍😍 I have to biy flight and go there asap

13. Great trip, Jessica! Aruba sounds like an amazing destination, it is definitely on my bucket list!
    Agness of Fit Travelling recently posted…3 Reasons You Need Tabata in Your TravelsMy Profile